Friday, December 3, 2010

Craic culture: Dublin!

I conquered the streets of Dublin all by myself. I wandered the lanes and tasted Dublin. I observed the fine Irish folk. I enjoyed this city.


While Dublin may not be as majestic as other European cities, it has charm and a friendly atmosphere, which is endearing.


Some of my favorite things included (but were not limited to):

The regal Trinity College.

The ancient Book of Kells (an ornate copy of the four gospels written in 800AD, mind you that it was the dark ages.)

Temple Bar and it’s quaint shops and pubs (Including an UrbanOutfitters).

Finding 10 Euro in my jean’s pocket. Yay.

Leo Burdock’s fish and chips (said to be the best in Dublin).

Gazing upon Picasso and VanGogh at the National Gallery.

The irish, singing with plenty of Guinness pumping through their veins.

Accents.

Delightful Scones.

Snow covered Christ Church.

Gravity Bar at the Guinness Storehouse.

Strolling through the Dublin Castle.

Finding the cutest earmuffs for only 2 Euro.

Now, for the sake of balance, my least favorite things:

Too much snow!

Numb appendages.

Loosing 30 Euro somehow.

City bus tours being cancelled.

The snoring of the german woman who slept above me.

Freakin’ freezing hostel room.

Also, this german woman moved so much... shaking the entire bunk.

Dinky breakfast served at the hostel.

The smell of fish and chips seeping through my pores.

Disgusting coffee.

However, the good far outweighs the bad! I would definitely want to come back and explore more of the country... in fair weather!


I was tempted to go to the Leprechaun Museum, however, I remembered that I am terrified of the little guys!

I know that Kilmainham Gaol is a must-see for Dublin visits... but I opted out. I wasn’t too keen on paying to explore a prison. I felt a bit too freaked out for that. Maybe next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment