Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yep. I brought it up.

I have recently stumbled upon a video posted on facebook. Some of my friends, christian and non-christian alike have posted it to their walls. This video depicts Zach Wahls, a native Iowan, grade A student, handsome, put-together kind of guy, before the Iowa House of Representatives making a heart-wrenching case of family and love in same-sex marriages. He was raised by two women. His appeal would make any normal human say, “Hey. Yea, why shouldn’t two women raise kids together? They turn out just fine!”


Well the fact of the matter is that his plea is in opposition to the argument that same-sex marriages which raise children inflict an abnormal upbringing, hence hurting the children by some way restraining them of normalcy. True, he blew that argument out of the water. I find that homosexuality in the court of law can only be refuted by a “moral standard”. Which then throws the subject into the ethics or religion category, and soon looses it’s worthy argument status.


Since I am not in a court of law, I can say what I want to say. Most major religions of the world are against homosexuality. But I can only speak for my own. I am a follower of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, and here’s what I think:


The Bible tells us that homosexuality is a sin. (1 Corinthians 6:9) It’s not really an opinion, it’s a fact. I know that for this to have any standing, you have to believe the Bible. But stay with me... you see Christians everywhere are saying we have to love them, and God loves them just them same as you and me. So TRUE. We have to love the gays and lesbians! But what is love? Is it not wanting the best for them and giving them what they need most LOVE? Homosexuality is sin. The bible states that “sin separates us from God.” We as Christians should know that the greatest thing we can know is the love of our heavenly Father and a deep relationship with Him... so if we are telling the homosexuals that it’s okay the way they are, we are actually saying that we are okay seeing them not have the most IMPORTANT thing in their life. We are okay with them missing out on God. We are okay with them “not inheriting the Kingdom of God.”


Behold: Tolerance is NOT LOVE. No, in fact it’s hate. You see, saying to your gay room mate, “Jesus still loves you the way your are.” (while true) is code for saying, “I am okay with you being separated from the Life giver.”


If you are a Christian:

Speak the TRUTH out of LOVE.

PRAY for hearts to be opened.

Show the LOVE of CHRIST in word and deed.

and

LOVE the “hell” out of your gay friends.


With a big subject from a tiny blog,

yours always,


Hannah Lee


1 comment: