Thursday, September 2, 2010

A day of productivity.

Hey :)

I must say that yesterday was a day full of productivity. My accomplishments include: sewing the most dainty apron, re-upholstering my computer chair, sewing three custom headband orders, embellishing a cardigan, and sewing some curtains. I also made a delectable omelette for breakfast, stopped at my coffee shop for a bit, and went to church. I am content, I love to create.




Other blogworthy things:

Today I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season! Mmmmm :)
-My starbucks opinion: It is faux pas for baristas to like starbucks and I am not an avid lover of the bucks but.... I must give them this= they have consistency, convenient locations, some drinks are winners (ie- pumpkin spice latte, peppermint mocha, and eggnog latte). So there.

I have been thinking of this time in my life as a transition. Like moving home, in my father's house, having a part-time job, just being back in Wisconsin. Well I have made a conscience decision that this is not a transition, but a period in my life. I am here, and I must face that, and make the most of it. As I think about it more, I love it. To make a living: I am a barista. My lifestyle: church goer, craftser/ artist. Ministry: short-term missions. I LOVE ALL OF THOSE THINGS. I must say that at this point in my life, as a single lady... this is exactly how I would want my life to be. It took me a little while to realize I am living my dream :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah Lee,
    I am also a Jesus-lover, artist, coffee drinker who recently graduated college.. nice to meet you.. your craftiness is so sweet! I am learning how to sew soon.. as of now I am just a photographer/painter..
    nice to meet you! (I found your blog through "the holyness of marriage")

    God bless,Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily. It is nice to meet you to! Cool that we share so many interests, like the awesome blog "the holymess of marriage".

    Thank you for following my blog. You rock.

    ReplyDelete